GO ON A VIRTUAL VISIT!
Check out this video of a walking tour on the Englewood Line Trail.
TAKE THE SURVEY!
We want to hear from you! Take the Englewood Line Vision Survey to share your thoughts and ideas regarding the proposed Englewood Line Trail.
ABOUT THE PROJECT
The Englewood Line Trail is a proposed 1.7 mile trail that will provide recreation, transportation, and a connection to nature to the residents of Englewood and surrounding communities. The trail will be located along an elevated former rail structure between Hoyne Avenue on the west and Halsted Street on the east. Conversion to a trail has been recommended by the community in several past plans, including the Green Healthy Neighborhoods Plan, the Englewood Quality-of-Life Plan, and the New Era Trail Plan. In 2014, the City of Chicago passed an ordinance authorizing the transfer of the former “Englewood Connecting Line” from Norfolk Southern Railway Company as part of a larger land transfer to expand an intermodal yard. The land transfer enables the City of Chicago to move forward with the design of a new trail that will further several community interests:
- Create a safe trail for community use;
- Connect a variety of uses and destinations that are currently in place or are planned to be developed;
- Provide a source of jobs both for the construction of the trail as well as an anchor for economic development along the trail;
- Enhance community safety by improving the pedestrian and bicycle environment in Englewood; and
- Improve public health through the development of the trail and open space.
Please provide your input to the trail by taking the public survey or offering a comment through the Share an Idea feature.
Check out the pages below to learn more and share ideas. Click the “follow” button to receive updates on projects news via email (click the gray plus (+) located in the website’s footer).