The Opportunity for Englewood – and Chicago’s South Side
The Englewood Line Nature Trail will provide recreational opportunities, transportation, and a connection to nature for residents of Englewood and surrounding communities. It will link growing spaces in the Englewood Urban Agricultural District and help fulfill the community’s aspirations for a safe, inviting, and peaceful space for all to enjoy.
Design of the trail can further community interests:
- Creating a safe trail for community use.
- Connecting a variety of uses now being planned.
- Providing jobs via construction of the trail and through small-business development.
- Enhancing safety and transportation access by improving the pedestrian and bicycle environment.
- Providing a natural trail that is a unique experience in the City of Chicago.